Together we are raising $15,000 for RMHC Canada.
Ends: January 1, 2021
Douglas Hiscox has been planning, what some may call, the trip of a lifetime for 2020. He was set to take to the road with his Harley-Davidson motorcycle for a cross-Canada journey to raise awareness and financial support for Ronald McDonald Houses. The ride would combine many personal passions – his bike (of course!), serving others and family. But 2020 had other plans for all of us, didn’t it? Although Doug’s trip has been delayed until next year, his interest in helping families like his Godson Landon’s, hasn’t waned. In fact, he knows it’s even more important now than ever. Donations to Landon’s Ride will benefit thousands of families staying at Ronald McDonald House Charities Southcentral Ontario, with programs in Hamilton, and Ronald McDonald House Charities Southwestern Ontario, with programs in Windsor and London. BACKGROUND: Landon was born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, forcing him to remain in hospital for months. During his fight for life, Landon's parents and older sisters were able to be close to him through the local Ronald McDonald House. Through that House, his family was supported and cared for while they focused on each other for over 287 days. Landon is alive and well today, looking forward to turning 4 years old this year. Doug visited the House and was moved by the compassion and genuine care provided by the staff and volunteers of RMHC, and has become a fast friend to all of us. More Details: https://www.facebook.com/landonsridermhc/ RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES: RMH Chapters provide families with a "home-away-from-home" when needing to travel for their children's healthcare. 65% of Canadians live outside of a city with a children’s hospital. So, if their child gets sick, families must travel long distances to receive life-saving medical treatment. Families are forced to leave their homes, families, jobs and community support at a time when they need them the most. FUNDING: RMHC Chapters receive 25%-30% of their annual operating budget through the generous support of our founding and forever partner McDonald's. With no government funding, RMHC Chapters rely on community support and donations to raise the remaining 70%-75% of their budget.
August 9, 2020
Kayla J donated $25
Thanks to the kind man on the chi- Cheemaun who gave us $20 to get our car opened after our daughter locked our keys in :)
Together we have raised $25 of our combined $15,000 goal
Teams participating in this Fundraiser